IPA National Congress 2014
Crowne Plaza, Hunter Valley, NSW
The future of accounting: Trends for 2015 and beyond
Following on from last year's sold out National Congress on the Gold Coast, the IPA has planned another stand out event for IPA members. View our member feedback and testimonials from the 2013 Congress.
This year we have chosen the beautiful and tranquil Hunter Valley region in New South Wales to ensure we provide delegates with the very best setting to maximize learning and relaxation.
Make sure to stay up-to-date with all the latest National Congress news on our dedicated Facebook pageor #IPANationalCongress on Twitter.
To ensure ease of access and the best quality comforts we have organised:
- Shuttle transfers from Sydney and Newcastle airports to and from the Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley
- 5 star accommodation at the Crowne Plaza, with rooms starting at only $190 per night (hurry only limited hotel rooms left! But still a fair few villas)
- Entertaining social functions, including an on-site night market, bringing the best of the Hunter Valley's arts, crafts and produce to you!
- A Partner Program, with optional excursions starting from as little as $40
- Up to 21 hours of CPE (over half your annual CPE obligation). With an Executive Certificate in Public Accounting awarded to delegates who meet attendance requirements.
- Networking opportunities with peers, IPA staff and sponsors.
Pre Congress Workshops
For those wishing to attain the full 21 CPE hours on offer we are holding three pre-congress workshops on Thursday 27 November from 1.00pm to 5.30pm (additional prices apply). The workshops to choose from are:
- SMSF Audit & Strategies
- Key Tax Developments
- Top Technology Trends and Digital Strategies for 2014
Main Education Program
Our main education program takes place on Friday 28 and Saturday 29 November with 16.5 CPE hours on offer.The program will feature keynote presentations and three concurrent streams of sessions, catering for members in public practice, commerce, industry and government.
Our stellar line-up of speakers includes:
- The Hon Nicola Roxon, Chairman, APESB
- Noel Whittaker AM
- Ian Taylor, Chairman, Tax Practitioners Board
- Dr Craig Latham, Deputy Commissioner, Office of the Australian Small Business Commissioner
- Dr Michael Schaper, Deputy Chair, ACCC
- Neil Olesen, Second Commissioner Compliance Group, Australian Taxation Office
Sessions feature topics such as:
- Why your firm is worth less without cloud or how the cloud will send you broke
- Financial crime and managing risk
- Your superannuation practice going forward
- Financial statements disclosure overload
- Division 7A
- The future of small business
- Expensive GST traps in real estate
- Who owns corporate governance?
- Effective succession planning
- Frameworks for internal auditing
If you renewed your IPA membership before 30 June, and are thinking about attending the Congress, we’ve got a great deal for you! Members who paid their membership subscription before 30 June 2014 can receive $200 off the Congress regular rate. Simply quote offer code NCEOFY. Please note that this discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or for those that are already registered.
Have a query about National Congress?
For registration enquiries please contact our National Events Manager, Alicia Richards via email or call her direct in our Melbourne office on 03 8665 3119.