Complaints and Disciplinary Action
As a professional accounting member body, we set professional and ethical standards by which all members are bound by are set out in our Constitution and By-laws. These standards are promulgated directly by the IPA Board of Directors and the Accounting Professional and Ethical Standards Board (APESB). In addition members must abide by relevant accounting and auditing standards which are set by the Australian Accounting Standards Board (AASB) and the Auditing Assurance Standards Board Australia (AUASB).
We require all our members to conduct themselves and their professional activities at the highest level of professionalism. Members in their professional capacity represent not only themselves but the IPA and by inference, all other IPA members.
You can view our Constitution, By-laws, standards and ethical requirements here.
Complaints against an IPA member
We have an investigations and disciplinary process to accept written complaints against IPA members. As a condition of membership all our members are subject to this process for alleged breaches of the IPA Constitution, By-laws or professional and ethical standards.
If you wish to lodge a complaint against an IPA member, download the Complaint Procedure Information and Complaint form.
Members that are required to appear before the IPA Disciplinary Tribunal are advised to understand their rights and obligations by downloading the IPA's Disciplinary Process.
Click here to find out about common causes of investigation breaches.
Forms & Documents
- IPA Member Complaint form - To lodge a complaint against a member of the IPA download this form
- The Complaints Process – What happens when a complaint is made against an IPA member
- Complaint and Investigation Procedure Information – General information about the IPA’s complaint process including a member’s obligations when a complaint is lodged
- Common causes of investigation breaches
- IPA Pronouncement 12: Administration of Member Compliance
Institute of Public Accountants
GPO Box 1637
MELBOURNE VIC 3001