Quality Assurance Reviews
As a member with a Professional Practice Certificate, you're required to undertake a Professional Practice Quality Assurance (PPQA) Review. The purpose of the review is to assess ongoing compliance with our professional and ethical requirements as well as ensuring you receive prompt assistance to achieve these standards if any deficiencies are identified.
This ensures that the good name of the IPA and the reputation of our members are maintained in high standing.
Review of a practice are conducted:
- Every three years for members who are self-managed superannuation fund auditors or registered company auditors; and
- At least every five years for all others.
IPA By-Laws state that all members must comply with Pronouncement 4 – Quality Assurance Reviews and any of our quality assurance requirements for professional practitioners.
Failure to comply with this requirement may result in disciplinary action being taken against you and referral to the IPA Disciplinary Tribunal for imposition of a penalty.
All participants in the PPQA Review will be eligible for up to 10 hours of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
Members who have recently completed a review of their Practice with another accounting body may be eligible for an exemption from the IPA’s PPQA Review.
Our review is undertaken by completion of a PPQA online questionnaire.
- Significant reductions of paperwork for members and the IPA.
- Less time taken to complete the relevant questions.
- A user-friendly interface for ease of navigation.
- A business diagnostic tool that enables members to track the progress of their business and implement improvements.
Click here to access the documents listed below [IPA Member access only]
• A Guide to PPQA Reviews Information Sheet.
• PPQA Online Questionnaires.
• PPQA Online User Guide.
• PPQA Online – Pre Audit Questionnaire Key Evidence Requirements
• PPQA Online Questionnaire – Frequently Asked Questions