Join us online for the Certified Accounting Technician Program
The Certified Accounting Technician Program is a self-paced online course that has been designed with respect to the needs of our BAS Agent members, no matter what stage of their career. Designed in partnership with leading practitioners from the IPA Group, completion of this program will not only allow our members the opportunity to gain recognition as a Certified Accounting Technician but will ensure members are in line with IFAC's competency framework for accounting technicians.
About The Course:
Delivered in an asynchronous online platform, this program is split into three distinct sections and allows for the flexibility we know our members require.
The course covers a range of topics split into 9 modules and reflects the different stages of running a practice and provides practical and relevant knowledge from practioner to practioner that can be applied in practice.
- Module 1: Introducing to the accounting profession
- Module 2: Ethics and Standards
- Module 3: Professional Education
- Module 4: Practice Essentials
- Module 5: Practice Security
- Module 6: People Processes and Technology
- Module 7: Growing your Business
- Module 8: Digital Business
- Module 9: Sustaining your Business
Program structure and highlights can be found HERE.
- How long will the program take to complete? Each module will take up to 2 hours to complete and at the end of each module, there will be a short assessment. A reflection piece is also included in each module, which will give you a chance to pull together your learnings from each module and review them again at the completion of the program.
- How do I complete the assessment? The final assessment will become available once you have completed all modules. The assessment is multiple-choice and requires a 50% pass rate.
- Can I do the program if I am outside of Australia? Yes, those who are outside of Australia can complete the CAT Program, learners must keep in mind that the course content is specific to Australian Policy and Laws.
- Can I have an extension on the program? Learners may request a 6-month extension, which will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. If approved the learner will lose their course progress and need to start the course from the beginning.
Students will be enrolled into the course the day following their registration and payment, once enrolment is processed students will have access to the full course and exams.