Step 1: Submit your application
To apply online, you’ll need to create an IPA account. If your qualification has been assessed by us previously, or you're an IPA member already, you should have an existing record in our system.
A migration agent, family member or friend can help you with your application. They will need to use your account details to login, and complete the authorised person details in the application field. All correspondence, including the assessment outcome, will be sent to that authorised person.
What to include with your application
You'll need to upload high quality colour scanned copies of your supporting documentation. You don't need to get anything certified, as the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) will undertake further checks later on in the migration process.
You'll need to upload the following -
- Passport ID page, clearly showing your face and all other details on the page
- University Degree Certificates
- University academic transcripts or mark sheets, showing your individual grades
- Syllabus details of your university course (only required if you studied outside Australia)
- Valid English language test results
- Secondary/High School certificates and mark sheets (only required if your degree was completed from a Subcontinental country)
- If you have changed your name since studying, please provide a Marriage certificate or other formal evidence to support your claim
Please note that it is your responsibility to provide formal translated copies of all documents to us, if the original document is not in English.
Step 2: Acknowledgement
We'll acknowledge your application via email, which includes your tax invoice. This invoice contains your unique ID Number. Please quote this ID number if you need to get in contact with us.
We may contact you once we commence your assessment to request additional documents from you. The assessment process cannot be completed until all required documents are received.
Step 3: Your assessment outcome
Once your application has been completed, you'll receive an email from us, providing a link to download your outcome letter, which will be held on the DocuSign platform.
The DHA accepts this letter to be submitted with your visa application. The DHA will also be able to validate authenticity of outcome letters from the IPA, through the secured audit trails embedded in the DocuSign system.
For Migration Agents
If you're a Migration Agent, we're pleased to offer you paper-based application forms which you can send to us. Simply click on the link below to download your required form.