Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management
For accountants looking for ways to branch out in their practice, it’s an exciting time to get in to finance and mortgage broking. According to government projections, the number of broker positions could grow by up to 17% by 2022*. With thousands of different financing products out there, it’s more important than ever for your clients in small business to be able to access quality advice and assistance with the loan process.
The Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management is packed with the technical and people-skills content you need to improve your skills as a broker. It also exceeds the education requirement to obtain an Australian Credit License (ACL) or to be appointed as an authorised representatives of an existing ACL holder.
It’s a good choice for those who want to keep their career options open, and possibly move into a senior role sooner.
The Institute of Public Accountants recommends Monarch Institute’s Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management. Monarch is our training provider of choice because their courses are developed and delivered by industry experts, including senior practicing brokers and advisers. Monarch sets the standard for online education with unrivalled support including access to trainers via phone, email, Facebook, Zoom and more.
What does the course cover?
The Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management is made up of 16 nationally recognised units of competency.
Monarch takes a holistic approach to teaching. This means your units will be grouped in to three modules, so you’re studying and applying related concepts at the same time. Each module has an assignment made up of small, manageable assessment questions. There are no exams, so the pressure’s off and you can concentrate on learning at your own pace.
The modules and units are:
- The Mortgage Broking Industry
- Understand how the industry works
- Understand the regulatory requirements of working as a Finance Broker
- Develop in-depth knowledge of credit products and services
- Identify client needs
- Explore sales and marketing activities for Finance
The Mortgage Broking Process
- Prepare mortgage broking forms and documents
- Undertake client financial assessments and research finance options
- Present finance options to clients
- Prepare loan applications
- Process and assess loan applications
- Settle loan applications
- Process applications for credit
- Design and produce business documents
Mortgage Broking Business Management
- Apply principles of professional practice
- Develop and nurture relationships with clients and professional referrers
- Identify and assess Risks.
- Prepare a Risk Management Plan
Advanced Mortgage Broking
- Identify clients complex needs
- Prepare complex broking options
- Implement complex loan structures
- Understand performance monitoring and review of mortgage broking business
- Understand the critical aspects of successful mortgage broking
Get started today
As a member of the IPA, you are entitled to a 5% discount if you are a full fee-paying student for this Monarch Institute Qualification. To learn more about this offer and start your enrolment, contact Emil on 1300 738 955 or email Emil direct on [email protected].
There are no term dates or enrollment deadlines. At Monarch Institute, you can start your studies when it suits you.
Check out the course brochure here, or click here to begin your enrolment today.