Certified Accounting Technician Program
Unique, Flexible, and Global.
The Certified Accounting Technician Program has been designed with respect to the needs of our BAS agent members, no matter what stage of their career. Designed in partnership with leading practitioners from the IPA Group, completion of this program will not only allow our members the opportunity to gain recognition as a Certified Accounting Technician but will ensure members are in line with IFAC's competency framework for accounting technicians.
Our BAS agents, are highly respected within their field. It is for this reason that we require all new BAS Agent members to complete this program within 6 months, to ensure they are aware and compliant with the rules, regulations, standards, by-laws, and pronouncements that apply to them in their practices. Members can gain up to 18 CPD hours upon completion of this program.
Why become a Certified Accounting Technician?
Completion of the Certified Accounting Technician program ensures that our members are qualified to hold statutory registration as a Registered BAS Agent. Certified Accounting Technicians in practice have the capacity to offer advice and support to small businesses and are held to professional and ethical standards and a legislated code of conduct.
The program is suitable for you if:
- You hold a BAS Agent Registration
- You have completed a Cert IV or Diploma
- You would like to keep on top of your CPD hours
- You work closely with clients (typically within a small business)
- You want to ensure you are maintaining professional and ethical standards
- You want to go into practice OR want to expand your knowledge whilst in practice OR want to begin/evolve your own business