Diploma of Accounting
At the IPA, we're committed to levelling up our members' careers through killer education and growth. And it's a win-win – clients in the small business arena also score big.
Monarch’s Diploma of Accounting course is delivered by skilled practicing professionals, including senior CPAs and chartered accountants. The Diploma is delivered by skilled practicing professionals, including senior CPAs and chartered accountants. Everything from the learning materials to the great one-on-one support you’ll receive will help ensure you graduate ready to hit the ground running.
If you’re seeking registration as a tax agent, or simply furthering your technical skills, the Diploma of Accounting FNS50222 may be right for you.
You can study anywhere, any time that works for you; it’s truly self-paced study.
Aside from the four two-hour exams mandated by the TPB for tax agent registration, there are no exams – just short, manageable assignments. So the pressure’s off, and you can concentrate on really learning.
Becoming a registered tax agent
Want to become a professional tax agent? You’ll need to be registered with the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB). To do that, you’ll need a few prerequisites, including a primary qualification, board approved courses, and relevant work experience.
Monarch’s Diploma of Accounting meets the basic education requirements for becoming a tax agent. There’s also an extra module the TPB require, that for a nominal cost, includes the board approved course (units) in Commercial law.
Note: For up-to-the-minute tax agent registration requirements, it’s always best to visit the TPB website.
What’s covered in the Diploma of Accounting?
The Diploma of Accounting includes 11 nationally recognised units of competency. They’re grouped in to four modules, so you learn holistically and get to know related concepts at the same time. You’ll cover:
- FNSACC524 Prepare financial reports for corporate entities
- BSBTEC402 Design and produce complex spreadsheets
Budgets, management accounting and economics
- FNSACC523 Manage budgets and forecasts
- FNSACC527 Provide management accounting information
- FNSACC521 Provide financial and business performance information
Financial performance and internal control
- FNSACC526 Implement and maintain internal control procedures
- FNSINC611 Apply economic principles to work in the financial services industry
- FNSACC522 Prepare tax documentation for individuals
- FNSACC601 Prepare and administer tax documentation for legal entities
Module 5 (Optional – Tax Agent Certification
- FNSSS00005 Commercial Law for Tax Agents Skill Set
- FNSTPB503 Apply legal principles in contract and consumer law
- FNSTPB504 Apply legal principles in corporations and trust law
- FNSTPB505 Apply legal principles in property law
TPB codes: MCL001 / MCL002 / MCL003
It’s worth noting that, as part of the government’s updates to financial services training, the Diploma of Accounting now has entry requirements. Get in touch to find out more or check them out here.
As a member of the IPA, you are entitled to a 5% discount if you are a full fee-paying student for this Monarch Institute Qualification. To learn more about this offer and start your enrolment, contact Mindy on 1300 738 955 or email Mindy direct on [email protected].
There are no term dates or enrolment deadlines. At Monarch Institute, you can start your studies when it suits you.