The IPA offers members a personalised approach from an organisation that's large enough to have influence, yet small enough to treat our members as individuals.
We pride ourselves on providing members with support that is flexible, responsive and solutions focused.
We offer our members both tangible and non-tangible benefits that will help them in advancing their career.
With an expansive global focus, and full membership of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC) and the Confederation of Asia Pacific Accountants (CAPA), the IPA promotes the exchange of knowledge and best practice to build relationships across borders.
In December 2014, The IPA acquires the Institute of Financial Accountants (IFA).
We have signed agreements with:
- Provincial Chinese Institute of Certified Public Accountants (CICPA): cooperation on CPE and training programs.
- The Institute of Financial Accountants in the UK (IFA); mutual recognition and small business focus.
- The South African Institute of Professional Accountants (SAIPA): mutual membership recognition*.
- Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICAI(Cost)): mutual membership recognition*.
- The Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN): cooperation on training.
Tools for success
We work to save you time and energy by providing relevant and easy-to-access information that will keep you ahead in the ever-changing world of accounting. We help simplify complex issues so you can confidently explain changes to your clients or employer.
IPA membership keeps you up-to-date on legislative changes and technical issues, which impact your legal obligations, compliance and reporting standards.
As we are a member of IFAC, our members have access to the IFAC KnowledgeNet, also known as IFACnet.com, which was developed to facilitate the sharing of high quality resources among IFAC member bodies. This online resource is free and designed to provide easy and quick access to information. Click here to find out more.
We run multiple relevant and informative Continuing Professional Education (CPE) events, congress and symposiums throughout Australia.
Our events are delivered face to face and online, ensuring you are kept up to date and can expand your knowledge when and where it's most convenient for you.
We host networking events across Australia, from discussion and special interest groups to simple social drinks and formal dinners with keynote speakers.
You will find yourself mingling with fellow accounting professionals from all industries.
We have secured preferential rates and substantial discounts on a range of services and benefits exclusive to our members.
From insurance and IT products to hotels and flights, your membership gives you access to discounts and complimentary services that matter to you most.
We provide our members with a service that will help them streamline the design and printing process of their office stationery.
IPA members are encouraged to co-brand their stationery with the IPA logo, adding weight to their business through their IPA membership.
Professional Assist is an online technical hotline which connects members to specialist advisors. Providing them access to an extensive information centre, assisting them to resolve specific regulatory and other technical issues.
The service provides you with professional written opinions by leading experts in their field and the IPA is the only professional accounting body to offer this to our members.
We have a range of regular publications to ensure our members are kept up-to-date on any industry changes and recent developments of the IPA.
* Associate members of ICWAI/ICAI(Cost) in good standing are eligible to apply for full membership of the IPA at Member (MIPA) level. Fellow members of ICWAI/ICAI(Cost) in good standing are eligible to apply for full membership of the IPA at Fellow (FIPA) level.
* Full members of SAIPA in good standing are eligible to apply for full membership of the IPA at Member (MIPA) level. Fellow members of SAIPA in good standing are eligible to apply for full membership of the IPA at Fellow (FIPA) level.