Member of the year
We are dedicated to the ongoing support and education of our members. Our Business Development team are out visiting as many members as possible to talk about the considerable work the IPA is doing in support of small business. From this, we know about the great work that our members are doing in their day to day activities, and the positive impact that they have on the people and businesses they serve.
To show our admiration and publicly acknowledge our members, we are calling for nominations for Member of the Year and Practice of the Year. This is the first time the IPA has conducted a national awards campaign of this size and we are very excited to recognise our members for their hard work and support.
How will this work?
We are asking you to think about an individual or practice that has demonstrated one or more of the following attributes:
- contributed to the advancement of the IPA and/or the accounting profession and its objectives; or
- brought a greater recognition and awareness of the IPA and its members; or
- received civil honours, an award or recognition for services rendered; or
- achieved excellence in the IPA Program; or
- displayed other outstanding characteristics; or
- demonstrated a contribution to innovation (specifically for Practice nominations).
Nominations can be made by clicking on one of the links below and completing the details of both the person and/or practice you are nominating along with the reasons for nominating.
Entries need to be in by Thursday, 30 June. State winners will be announced in late July by their local divisional office, national winners (entries will comprise of all state winners) will be chosen by an award assessment panel and announced later in the year.
The national winners (both Member and Practice of the Year) will each receive a ticket to National Congress, including airfares and accommodation, as well as a profile in the Public Accountant magazine.
- Nominees (Practice Principal) must be a current financial AIPA/MIPA/FIPA member of the IPA.
- Student members, not financial or pending investigation members are not eligible.
- Nominations close on 30 June 2016. The nomination form must be completed in full and further correspondence (where necessary) is to be send to the local Divisional General Manager.
- The decision of the award assessment panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- State winners will receive an engraved trophy and names will appear on the IPA website and social media.
- National winners will receive a ticket to National Congress, including airfares and accommodation and a profile in the Public Accountant magazine.
- The Practice of the Year prize will go to the Practice Principal or a person he/she nominates (nominee must be an IPA member).