Public BAS Practitioner Program
As a valued BAS Practitioner, we’re pleased to offer our BAS Practitioner Program, which allows you to develop and successfully grow your practice while meeting your regulatory training requirements.
All BAS Agents who are admitted to the IPA receive a Public BAS Practitioner Certificate, on the condition they will undertake this BAS Practitioner Program within six months of becoming a Public BAS Practitioner member.
Completion of the program entitles you to claim eight CPD hours.
Our new BAS Practitioner Program consists of ten modules of video-based training, which covers every stage your business will go through – from development of your practice to successful growth.
Developed and delivered by one of Australia’s leading BAS experts, Tina Kaye, this program has been especially designed for IPA members and focuses on how you can build up a BAS practice that you can be truly proud of. To ensure compliance, regulatory requirements set by the Tax Practitioners Board will be covered in a checklist format as part of the business strategy module, which will be integrated throughout the course.
At the end of each module assessment tasks will be issued, ensuring you’ve identified the key points in each module, which will allow you to successfully move to the next module and complete the Program in full.
BAS Practitioner Program modules
- Module 1 - What is the best business strategy?
- Module 2 - Creating a business plan that you love
- Module 3 - Innovating your Business Model
- Module 4 - Your Financial Strategy
- Module 5 - Developing Customer Relationships
- Module 6 - The Difference between Brand and Marketing
- Module 7 - The Modern Sales Function
- Module 8 - How to Build your A team
- Module 9 - Operations & the Role of Technology
- Module 10 - Planning for Growth
Detailed overviews of each modules may be found below.
The BAS Practitioner Program may be purchased in its complete form, or can be purchased in a ‘pay as you go’ format, allowing you to study at your own pace.
Complete BAS Practitioner Program $400 inc GST
Individual modules $40 inc GST
How to Book
Book the BAS Practitioner Program by contacting your local IPA office and speaking with our Professional Development Coordinators, who will enable access to the video training for you.
Detailed Module Overviews
Module 1 - What is the best business strategy?
The first module of the BAS Practitioner Program starts with YOU. What led you to start down this path, both professionally and personally? Clarifying why you started your business will help you to create a business strategy that is right for you.
• Why did you start your business?
• What's important to you?
• What are your strengths?
• What resources do you have available to you?
• Which opportunities should you consider?
Module 2 - Creating a business plan that you love
It can be OK to let a successful business tick over from day to day. However, in order to really love working on your business, it needs to champion your values and it needs to have a purpose that you believe in. This module of the BAS Practitioner Program will help you rediscover what is at the heart of your business and use this as your inspiration for achieving great things.
• What are your company values?
• What is the company purpose?
• Why is a core ideology valuable for your business?
• What do you see for the future of your business?
Module 3 - Innovating your Business Model
This module of the BAS Practitioner Program provides an Introduction to Business Models.
• Innovating your business model, your competitive advantage
• How to charge for your services (fixed fee v hourly rate)
• Adopting modern practices (working in the cloud, data automation)
Module 4 - Your Financial Strategy
This module of the BAS Practitioner Program addresses the financial phases of your business - Setup, Breakeven, Growth, Stability, and Exit.
• Setting financial goals
• Your debt strategy
• Cash flow principles
Module 5 - Developing Customer Relationships
This module of the BAS Practitioner Program will help you to identify your target market.
• What are you trying to say?
• The lifecycle of a customer
• Client onboarding
• Setting customer terms
Module 6 - The Difference between Brand and Marketing
This module of the BAS Practitioner Program addresses the difference between branding and marketing.
• The advantage of keeping things simple and consistent
• The importance of an online presence
• Personal branding v company branding
Module 7 - The Modern Sales Function
This module of the BAS Practitioner Program will help you to get past issues you may have with the sales function.
• But I'm not 'salesy' - how do I sell?
• Direct sales, Networking relationships, profiling, which is for me?
• No need to sell - just educate
Module 8 - How to Build your A team
This module of the BAS Practitioner Program considers the decision to employ and how much will it really cost you?
• Contractor or Employee? Choosing to recruit, train or outsource the skills you require
• The all-important on-boarding stage and the trial period
• Optimising results for you and your team member
• How quickly should you grow your team?
Module 9 - Operations & the Role of Technology
This module of the BAS Practitioner Program addresses why it is important to pay attention to the way things are done.
• Identifying and innovating your key processes
• Process Design Case Study
• Useful analysis tools to create better processes
• The principle of continuous improvement
Module 10 - Planning for Growth
The final module of the BAS Practitioner Program highlights the importance of revisiting your business strategy.
• How to review business strategy results
• Stabilising and building intrinsic value
• Should you have an exit plan?