Come to the IPA
Looking for a place to stay – Come to the IPA
The accounting profession has always been held in high esteem amongst all professions. Our members are seen as trusted advisers to their clients, more so than any other profession.
The IPA consistently strives for the highest of standards and we expect our members to maintain those standards. We maintain a strong corporate governance framework and encourage our members to be involved.
In doing this, we continue to enhance the reputation of the profession based on the best interests of our members and the public. The IPA is a member of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC) and the Accounting Professional and Ethical Standards Board.
We are proud to recognise membership with associations who are full members of IFAC. This includes CPA Australia. Over the last few weeks we have seen a significant increase in the number of joint membership enquiries from CPA Australia members, as we have been explaining the process to join is very straightforward. We simply ask that you provide evidence of your current year’s paid CPA Australia subscription and we will be happy to talk to you about the opportunities and benefits of IPA membership.
We are also raising the bar when it comes to education pathways, now offering a fully-fledged Master of Business Administration (MBA) as our professional program. The IPA MBA is conducted via Deakin University and offers flexible study arrangements.
Depending on your current qualifications and experience, you may be eligible to do the IPA MBA in half the time and cost of what it would normally take.
Joining the IPA will also give you membership with the Institute of Financial Accountants in the UK at no additional cost. Two designations for the price of one.
To transition to become an IPA Public Accounting practitioner
- Chat online with us now or call the IPA hotline on 1800 625 625 or call your local Member Engagement Executive on their number below.
- Complete the membership application form
- Provide evidence of current financial membership with CPA
- We will manage the transition to membership of the IPA - joining a network of more than 35,000 members and students
- If you choose we can refer you to IPA Insure for a no-obligation Professional Indemnity Insurance quote
- You will receive your membership certificates, practice certificates (if applicable). In addition, for no additional charge you receive recognition in the United Kingdom with the Institute of Financial Accountants.
To contact your local Member Engagement Executive:
South Australia/Northern Territory - Adam Spence (08) 8227 2255 or 0403 346 987
Queensland - Christopher Hurling (07) 3229 7102 or 0423 497 156
New South Wales - Debbie Savann (02) 8262 6000 or 0421 702 156
Western Australia - Sarah McIntyre (08) 9368 7600 or 0435 869 373
Victoria/Tasmania - Elise Halloran (03) 8665 3142 or 0478 797 485
...so what are you waiting for - take the first step and give us a call or live chat online with us now.
*This offer is valid till 31 December 2017 (application receipt date).