Support for Bushfire Affected Communities
We are continuously working with CPA Australia, CA ANZ and the National Bushfire Recovery Agency in response to the Australian Bushfire’s from June 2019 to earlier this year.
On May 11 2020, the Australian Government announced an additional $650 million package of bushfire recovery support. It includes:
- Funding for regional projects, with $448.5 million to help towns and regions get back on their feet, and to support the delivery of local economic recovery plans.
- Forestry transport help, with $15 million to assist the forestry industry with the increased costs of transporting burned salvaged logs over longer distances to surviving timber mills or storage sites.
- Native wildlife and habitat help, with $149.7 million for on-ground action to protect native species and build knowledge for better land management.
- Community wellbeing help, with $13.5 million for locally-chosen supports to boost emotional and mental health in bushfire affected communities.
- Telecommunications help, with $27.1 million money to strengthen telecommunications capabilities for the future.
The details are enclosed in the information kit here.
The media release for the extra bushfire recovery support can be viewed here.
The Red Cross Financial Assistance Information sheet can be viewed here.
FAQs about the extra bushfire recovery support announced by the Australian Government can be found here.