How to become a Tax Agent
How to become a Registered Tax Agent
The Tax Practitioners Board has distinct requirements which are different for each person.
We recommend that you give the TPB a call to outline your qualifications and experience, and they will advise the best course of action for you.
The TPB can be reached on 1300 362 829, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
For ease, we have included the following TPB key areas below.
- To register as an individual, please click here
- To review the qualifications and experience for tax agents, please click here
- For Board Approved course lists for tax agents, please click here
For more information on how to become a BAS agent, please click on the following links:
- Visit our BAS Section
- Undertake our Certificate IV in Bookkeeping
- Complete a BAS registration application from the TPB
- Undertake our Public BAS Practitioner Certificate and program
- By being a member of the IPA you will reduce your Relevant Experience from 1400 to 1000. For further information click here.