A lack of proper planning and failures of due diligence can seriously impact the outcome of the sale or purchase of a business. Business owners often fail to consider the tax implications and exit strategies to adopt when looking to divest themselves of their business interests. On the other side of the transaction, Caveat Emptor always applies for business buyers.
In this session Peter Adams specifically focuses on the income tax, CGT and GST tips, traps, pitfalls and planning strategies associated with buying and selling businesses.
- Legal and tax characteristics of corporate entities as business vehicles
- Legal and tax characteristics of sole proprietorships, trusts and partnerships as business vehicles
- Income tax implications of buying and selling a business
- CGT implications of buying and selling a business
- GST implications of buying and selling a business
- Useful strategies for buying and selling a business
Attendees will gain a comprehensive understanding of the key tax issues associated with buying and selling a business.
"Peter didn't just read the slides, he explained things as he went along."
Cahoot Learning Webinar
Bookings close on the day prior to the session.
All registered delegates receive a Recording link.