SMSF Auditor Registration
Changes to the Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Act 1993 means that all accounting practitioners seeking SMSF Auditor registration must have their qualifications assessed.
Learn how the IPA can help you take advantage of these arrangements, including a fast-track assessment option.
Download the application form.
To be registered, an auditor will have to meet the following requirements:
- be a fit and proper person (must not have serious criminal or fraud conviction, not be a bankrupt, etc);
- hold a tertiary education in accounting (includes TAFE Advanced Diploma);
- have some form of auditing training, either at tertiary study or post-graduate level
- hold professional indemnity insurance (at least $500,000)
- meet competency/ experience requirement - you must be able to prove that you have the skills to be competent to provide audit services
- undertake 120 hours CPE every 3 years, including 30 Hours of SMSF/Audit CPE.