Whether you're establishing a sole practice, or if you're a Partner, Director or Principal in an accounting firm, the IPA provides you with the essential tools, programs and resources that you need to be successful.
If you're offering accounting and/or related services for a fee, you're required to hold a Professional Practice Certificate (PPC). This requirement applies to any ASIC registered self-managed superannuation fund (SMSF) Auditors who audit the SMSF, even if they are an employee.
- Find an Accountant: a useful tool to help you promote your business. Find an Accountant provides the general public and potential new clients the ability to easily search for IPA accountants in their local area, giving them instant access to your details.
- IPA Insure: our inhouse insurance solution. IPA Insure provides a suite of insurance products specifically tailored to your needs. Including Professional Indemnity, Tax Audit, Personal Accident and Sickness, Cyber Risk and General Insurance.
- Templates and Checklists: we provide a range of templates and checklists to help your practice, including small business and individual tax checklists, engagement letters and financial advice referral forms.
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD): we're known for our excellent range of CPD events. We deliver more than 500 events annually including webinars, discussion groups, networking events, and state and national congresses. Our training events represent excellent value for money and cover the latest trends affecting the profession.
- Professional Assist: Our unique 24/7 online technical helpdesk gives you four free credits per year that connects you to specialist advisors, providing access to an extensive information centre that helps you answer a range of tricky questions you might face. All answers are backed by Professional Indemnity Insurance, so you can adopt the advice and implement it for your clients with zero risk.
- Technical and industry updates: Receive our bi-monthly magazine Public Accountant, our fortnightly newsletter Technical Advantage, our Digital Hub (www.publicaccountant.com.au) as well as regular communications via our various channels including email, social media and our YouTube channel.
we've designed the Practice Program to assist you in establishing and developing your business. The two day program focuses on non-technical skills such as practice structures, strategic planning, marketing and risk management.
- Networking: we host social and networking events across Australia. Events vary from discussion groups to social drinks, cocktail parties or formal dinners with keynote speakers - allowing you to claim important CPD points.
- Member offers: we've secured preferential rates on a range of member services and benefits. From insurance and IT products to hotels and a range of business services. Your membership will give you access to discounts and complimentary services on a range of professional and lifestyle products.
Being a PPC holder with the IPA will give you everything you need to succeed in your business. We'll work with you to create a safe future for small business in Australia and around the world.