Professional Practice Program
Proudly brought to you by
The IPA Professional Practice Program (PPP) content provides IPA members in professional practice with up to date tools and strategies to successfully establish, manage and grow their practice. The content can also be used by non-practitioners as a refresher program.
The regulators, standard setters, government and the public all rely on the professional expertise, competence and ethics of IPA members. Therefore the IPA By-Laws have mandated that members moving into professional practice and want to hold a PPC must demonstrate competence in these key areas and complete the program within 6 months of receiving their PPC.
The program equips members with:
- An appreciation of the history of accounting and where the industry is headed.
- APES standards and guidance notes.
- ASIC and TPB statutory registrations, AASB, AUASB, AML and FRC requirements.
- Business strategic planning, financing, staffing and marketing your practice.
- Cyber security management.
These skills are essential if you are to become successful in managing your accounting practice.
The PPP consists of a self-paced study component and a two day face-to-face workshop, with recent world events, we have moved this two day program to a six week webinar series. We recommend participants allocate up to 80 hours to complete the self-paced study component, but this will depend on your work experience and any prior learning you have completed. The self-paced study component should be completed prior to attending the course.
The PPP has 13 separate module’s that can be used independently as a reference tool for members in public practice or working in the corporate sector.
The assessment comprises of 30 multiple‐choice questions and you are permitted 1 hour to complete the assessment. For the online webinar series, this will be split into two 30-minute assessments with 15 multiple-choice questions per assessment. You may refer to your course materials. There is 1 mark per question and you need to obtain at least 50% to successfully complete the assessment.
The PPP includes pre-reading, pre work survey and two assessments throughout the webinar. To pass the PPP attendees must successfully complete both assessments and attend a minimum of five of the six webinars live, unless there are extraordinary circumstances.
If you do not successfully complete your assessment, you will be offered an opportunity to re-sit the competency assessment at an additional cost. If you are still unsuccessful, you will be required to repeat the Professional Practice Program and successfully pass the assessment. The IPA reserves the right to cancel a member’s PPC in the event a member does not pass the assessment.
Benefits of the Professional Practice Program
- A single point of reference that provides answers to most practitioner questions.
- A comprehensive set of course materials with case studies, illustrations and references.
- Guided learning to ensure you have covered practice essentials.
- Addresses overwhelming issues faced by new practitioners.
- Open, interactive and frank discussions with fellow practitioners.
- Expert examination of issues and arguments.
- 46 hours of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- Completes one of the mandatory conditions for PPC eligibility.
- Discussion of contentious issues common to accountants in practice together with expert advice.
- Guided learning to ensure you are on top of practice essentials.
- Provides advice and navigates a way through the maze of regulation.
Professional Practice Program
- Module - 1 Introduction to the Accounting Profession
- Module - 2 APES 100 Code of Ethics
- Module - 3 APES 200 All Members
- Module - 4 APES 300 Members in Public Practice
- Module - 5 Statutory registrations
- Module - 6 Regulatory Compliance
- Module - 7 Co-regulatory Compliance
- Module - 8 The Strategic Business Plan
- Module - 9 Financing your Practice
- Module - 10 Staffing your Practice
- Module - 11 Marketing your Practice
- Module - 12 Cyber Security
- Module - 13 Flexible Cloud Accounting Solution for your Clients
The Professional Practice Program is worth a total of 46 CPD hours, please note that the hours are split into Structured and Unstructured.
Structured Hours: 16
Unstructured Hours: 30
For more guidance on meeting your CPD hours and how to classify please refer to pronouncement 7.
Program Content is subject to change
For more information on IPA Books+ click here.
|Professional Practice Program Series Dates|
|Six Week Webinar Series 1|
|Tuesday 23 February - Tuesday 30 March 2021||4:00pm - 6:00pm AEDT|
|Six Week Webinar Series 2|
|Wednesday 7 April - Wednesday 12 May 2021||3:00pm - 5:00pm AEST|
|Six Week Webinar Series 3|
|Wednesday 19 May - Wednesday 23 June 2021||3:00pm - 5:00pm AEST|
|Six Week Webinar Series 4|
|Wednesday 25 August - Wednesday 29 September 2021||3:00pm - 5:00pm AEST|
|Six Week Webinar Series 5|
|Wednesday 20 October - Wednesday 24 November 2021||4:00pm - 6:00pm AEDT|
- Professional Practice Program: AUD $990 (inc GST)
The fee includes tuition, notes and assessment.
- Competency Assessment Resit : AUD $150 (inc GST)
How to register
If in the event you are unable to attend an online session, you will receive slides and any notes as well as access to the recording on the following day. Cancellations must be advised in writing at least two (2) working days prior to the activity date. An administrative fee of 10% to a minimum of $27.50 (incl GST) will be incurred for cancellations. A refund will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend an activity or cancels within one (1) working day prior to the activity. If your registration is for a series, then your cancellation must occur prior to the first session, no refund will be possible once the series has commenced.
The IPA cancels events seminars only when absolutely necessary, but reserves the right to do so, as well as to reschedule events and substitute presenters. If an event is cancelled, you may request to transfer the credit to another event or to a membership invoice, keep the credits on your account, or request full refund. The credit will expire after 30 June 2021 if unused.
For more information on IPA Books+ or to book a free demonstration, contact:
National Sales Manager
M: 1300 635 496